Friday, February 20, 2009

Lodging when flights are delayed


After reading about Rev Bubba Smith's difficulties in trying to find a safe place to stay for his team, I started to do some research to see if I could get some names and numbers of safe places for teams when flights were cancelled or delayed until the following day. I contacted a few missionary families I have corsponded with in the past, that live in Haiti, (two groups from good old Minnesota), as well as some other reliable sources and they all have said the same thing, that they could give me names of safe place today but Haiti is every changing and what is safe today may not be next month or next week.

I also sent a note to MFI asking for information or suggestions but haven't heard a response from them at the time I am writing this. I will keep everyone posted with any information I may find. If anyone has names of contacts or places they have stayed that are safe ( missionary dorms etc.) and they would like to share so others have information and or any contacts they may have please contact me so I can share the information with all.




Lorrie~~

No comments:

Post a Comment