Thursday, March 5, 2009

Volunteer applications yearly

I am asking that each and every year  all volunteers fill out a new application form.  I know it will be a extra work for the team leaders but there are many reasons for this.  

On the application is some very important information.  The world we live in moves fast and things change constantly, people move, change phone numbers, change e-mail addresses, their health needs change and I am not even going to get into the weight thing (nope Nope NOPE !!! ) .  

But even more important our emergency contact person can change.  The person you listed 5 years ago, or even last year may not be who you want as your emergency contact person this year.  That person may have changed addresses, phone numbers etc. and that information is very important and needs to be kept up to date. If something were to happen while in Haiti, someone get sick,  lost, kidnapped, a plane go down,  I know this is all things we say wont happen or don't want to think about, but it could and we need to be prepared if it does.  

Also I know this seems like something that should not have to be addressed but it does.  I need for all minors to have their volunteer applications signed by  parents or legal guardian , a minor cant go on a school trip without a parent signature I don't think we should send them to Haiti without it either. 

So starting June 1st I would like all volunteers to have new applications filled out yearly. 
Lorrie~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment